The basic foundation of the curriculum are the Four Precious Petals of Purna Yoga:
- Asana (yoga poses) with a focus on alignment for safety and Pranayama (appropriate breathing techniques)
- Heartfull MeditationTM
- Applied yogic philosophy
- Healthy living and nutrition
The topics and teachings are taught in a spiral format which allows you to absorb, process and delve into each section of the training. Each topic repeats throughout the training allowing a deeper clarity and integration of the knowledge. The training provides the guidance and teaching skills of in-depth, precise, clear instruction to keep students safe through various teaching exercises. You will practice what you learn and feel within yourself and body. Therefore, your students will receive the ultimate benefits for their body while being held safely. You will experience Purna Yoga asana classes, meditation, applied philosophy, and nutrition. You will learn to teach safe and effective alignment-based asana.
You will graduate with an expertise, professionalism, confidence and skill to offer your students the attention to safety and care. You will emerge with the ability to teach a variety of classes; the confidence, caring and compassion that keeps your students safe and growing; and the inspiration that makes Yoga a powerful tool for transformation.
You will be among the most knowledgeable and well-trained alignment-based asana teachers among 200-hour graduates.
In addition to the foundation, you will also learn:
- Anatomy and physiology of Asana and Pranayama
- Ability to view and understand bodies, and provide beneficial hands on adjustments
- The benefits and contraindications of asana to keep all bodies safe, and the use of props to enhance the benefits for all students
- Effectively teach students who have injuries and health conditions
- The mind will become more centered and awaken your intuition through the astonishing Heartfull MeditationTM
- Delivery, presentation and class control, especially in teaching beginners
- The benefits and effects of nutrition and yogic lifestyle on your students, your teaching, and your life
- Ethics, business, and the professional and energetic boundaries of teaching
- Incorporate timeless yogic philosophy to your classes and daily life
- The powerful feeling of welcoming your soul into your body and life, so you can be a better teacher and live a joyful, purposeful life